|Wednesday October 24th
|8:30AM: Breakfast Roundtable Sessions
|Join your peers for an 'off-the-record' discussion. Take advantage of this opportunity to brainstorm with your industry peers about the key issues facing supply chain executives.
Each table will elect a moderator and a note taker (so that you can take those key points away with you). At the end of the session your event moderator will collect all the notes and summarise the key findings to round off the discussions.
- Globalizing the Supply Chain - doing business on a global scale, with a special focus on emerging markets
- S&OP Planning - hear directly from your peers on innovative strategies that are enhancing forecasting capabilities
- Enhancing End-to-End Supply Chain Visibility - minimize risk and improve service levels with discussion on the new tools and technologies available in the industry
- Retail Supply Chain Focus Roundtable - what are the key challenges facing the industry?
- Life Sciences Supply Chain Focus Roundtable - what are the key challenges facing the industry?
- How to Negotiate Best in Class Small Parcel Contracts - Led by AFMS
- How to Get the Most Benefits From Electronic Auditing - Led by AFMS
|9:00AM: Opening Address from Hugh Williams, Managing Director, Hughenden
|9:15AM: Working with a Multi-SBU Customer - Challenges and Opportunities
In this presentation, Raben Group and Honeywell will chart the steps to a successful logistics partnership.
Lorenzo Fornaroli, Logistics Director EMEA, Honeywell ECC
Georg Pross, Director Business Development, Raben in Germany
|9:35AM: Panel Session: Ease Pain Points in 3PL-Customer Relationships
|This unique session brings together an elite group of manufacturers and retailers to discuss their 3PL partnership needs.
Get open and honest insight into the challenges both sides face in finding and building the ideal 3PL-customer relationship.
John Pattullo, CEO, CEVA
- Lowest Cost vs. Added Value - Understand which challenges and concerns are really driving 3PL selection
- Discuss how 3PLs and customers can truly establish and achieve expected outcomes - from technology, to tools, to personal relationships, find the ideal combination
- Hear directly from customers which priorities are driving their current supply chain planning - Understand how your company can be a true partner to help them achieve their goals
Alberto Della Chiesa, Company Vice President of Supply Chain Management, STMicroelectronics
Tom Tillemans, Head of Logistics Network Strategy, H.J. Heinz
|10:15AM: Coffee & Networking in the Networking Zone
|11:15AM Increase Supply Chain Efficiency in Emerging Markets to Capture Fresh Profits
||11:15AM: Horizontal Collaboration in the Supply Chain
||11:15AM: Sustainability - What do you Actually Need to Do About it?
Smart Shoring: Optimise your global footprint to streamline your international operations
- Identify how you can leverage your existing supply chain to maximize efficiency in new markets - What works in every market vs. what you need to adapt
- Analyse the impact of local specification on your supply chain - from bespoke products to adapted sizes, how will the supply chain be affected?
- Ensure supply chain security & integrity in new markets - Establish an effective resiliency plan, and manage risks such as lacking infrastructure, intellectual property, customs holdups, fluctuating exchange rates, preferential trade agreements, taxes and much more
- Maximize the value of local knowledge and expertise - From working with local partners, to hiring local talent, gain expert advice for how to integrate local knowledge
From sourcing to manufacturing to new consumer markets, the global supply chain footprint is changing. Hear how major companies are reacting to these changes and learn how your supply chain can take advantage.
- Utilize the right combination of technology and strategy to forge an interconnected approach to your global supply chain planning - from sourcing to delivery, make the right decision every time
- Learn from companies who are reaping the rewards of near shoring to reduce lead times and improve agility - as the cost advantage of manufacturing in China is shrinking, should you consider moving operations back to home markets?
- Accurately quantify and compare the costs of relocating elements of your supply chain -Explore the trade-off between labour expense vs.labour expertise and low-cost sourcing vs. quality risks
Laurence Coudroy, Supply Chain Director,Johnson & Johnson
Robert Bloodworth, VP Supply Chain & Procurement, Saltigo
Kieron Byrne, Director of Strategic Sourcing, Aer Lingus
|Horizontal collaboration is the pooling of logistics activities and consolidation of supply chains between two manufacturers (can be non-competitors or semi/direct competitors) for mutual benefit.
In this session, debate the advantages and barriers to horizontal collaboration with your peers. Hear from those who are just starting the initiative, right through to those who've made strides and reaped the rewards.
Understand why horizontal collaboration is the biggest game-changer in supply chain for decades!
Session led by CO3 (Collaboration Concepts for Co-Modality)
- Debate and overcome key barriers to collaboration such as staying compliant with anti-competition laws, pricing conflicts, gain-sharing and obtaining corporate buy-in
- Source the right partner for your operations - ensure that you find a neutral network orchestrator that will enable you and your partners to protect key proprietary information
- Obtain corporate buy-in by demonstrating the value of collaboration to key internal figures though in-depth case studies and tips from those who have achieved internal buy-in and reaped the rewards
Presentation: John Acton, EVP, GeoPost
- Understand how your customers are driving the demand for green solutions and position sustainability as a branding and business development tool to capture new profit
- Hear from GeoPost on why they made the decision to offset all carbon emissions offering ZERO Charge to their customers -Learn if they've attracted new customers by doing so
- Get updates on the latest drivers to intermodal transport including rising road congestion, increasing taxation as well as environmental consciousness
- Evaluate the opportunities of intermodal transportation for your business - Learn what you need to achieve in the way of the level of scale and expertise to make intermodal transport profitable
Sebastiaan Scholte, CEO, Jan de Rijk
John Acton, EVP, GeoPost
Peder Winther, Senior Vice President - Seafreight,Kühne + Nagel
1:15PM: Supply Chain Director's Dialogue
|1:15PM: Continuation of Horizontal Collaboration Session
Voted one of the top sessions at a recent EFT event, this unique, expert-led session is your chance to air your supply chain challenges and hear a wide range of advice and solutions from your peers.
Led by: Hugh Williams, Managing Director, Hughenden
- Voice your biggest supply chain concern and walk away with a set of actionable ideas and tasks to solve your problem - This session is the best opportunity for you to get a unique, timely view of your current challenges and compare your concerns with your peers
- This expert-led session will make the most of the expertise in the room, and “crowd-solve” your biggest supply chain challenges
2:30PM: Explore the Defining Trends of 3PL and Customer Relationships
In this session, hear the findings of the newly released 17th Annual 3rd Party Logistics Global Study and learn the 3PL-shipper relationship factors that drive profit.
- Hear the stats, facts, and expert analysis on the use of 3PL services in major geographies - From both customer and provider viewsGain insight into the study's 2013 focus topics - get the first look at the new trends in Innovation and Supply Chain Disruption
- Join in with the live poll and benchmark your answers against your peers - do your concerns match the report findings?
Led by the 3PL Study Team - including Panalpina, Capgemini & eyefortransport
|3:15PM: Conference Ends